How does device session limit work ?
- Why device session limit is important ?
- How to edit the device session limit per member ?
- What happens when a member exceeds the device session limit ?
Part 1: Why device session limit is important ?
Some members may voluntarily share their logins with other people to access your school.
Other people can therefore access to your school without having purchased your courses.
To avoid this, you can limit the number of devices connected to your school for each member.
This feature allows you to:
- Avoid account sharing between several people
- Avoid hacking of your members'acount and improve the security of their account.
Part 2: How to edit the device session limit per member ?
Step 1: Go to your School Setting
- Click on "tools" icon to go to your School Settings
- Then, click on "General"
Step 2: Configure Member permissions
- Configure the maximum amount of sessions per member
- Then, click on "Save"
By default, this maximum amount of sessions per member is set to 3.
In this case, your members can consult your school on 3 devices: 2 computers and 1 smatphone (or 1 computer, 1 smartphone and 1 tablet).
You are free to configure this number as you want.
Part 3: What happens when a member exceeds the device session limit ?
When a member exceeds the device session limit:
- He will receive an account confirmation request by email
- You will receive an email inviting you to contact this member.
Step 1: Member has to confirm his account
Your member will see this screen on his login interface. He has to add the 6-digit code we sent to him by email.
Step 2: Member has to choose a device to replace
- Your member have to choose the device he want to replace with the current device.
- Then, he can access to your school by clicking on "Replace with my current device"